Hunters Lane students attend DECA leadership conference in Orlando
Students from Hunter Lane High School‘s Academy of Marketing and Business attended the DECA Sport & Entertainment Marketing Conference February 1–5, 2012 in Orlando, FL. DECA is an international organization that brings together teachers and students in business, finance, marketing, sales, customer service, entrepreneurship, and managing. DECA is one of ten Career and Technical Student Organizations recognized by the United States Department of Education. In this post, Allenia S. writes about her experiences attending the conference in Florida.
DECA is a high school marketing organization that helps students get a better understanding of the marketing and business fields. Within this organization, you learn about marketing strategies, business etiquette, and other business-related topics. It is a great organization for those who want to be business majors and gets you a step ahead before you enter college life.
One of the best and most exciting events I was able to participate in this year with DECA was a leadership conference in Orlando, Florida. During this conference, the members of DECA were given the privilege to listen to various speakers share their experiences and give knowledge about their career path. It was so interesting to listen to everything that goes into running a business. You’d be shocked to hear about all of the things that go on behind the scenes.
The entire trip was an outstanding learning experience. If I had the choice to do it all over again, I would. I highly recommend future marketing and/or business majors to be a part of this organization. DECA will bring out the best in you.
- Paging the future Dr. Makiyah
- My Future My Way Career Exploration Fair
- Students visit Starbucks Distrubution Center
- Giving “Credit” to our Business Partners
- Innovation for All, Real-World Experience for High School Students
- Teacher team externship in global logistics at Ingram Content Group
- Preparing project-based learning in finance with Fifth Third Bank
- Scholarships awarded to Academy students by Cornerstone Financial Credit Union
- Learning entrepreneurship at Deloitte through Junior Achievement
- Junior Achievement Titan Business Challenge at Caterpillar Financial