A new era of community involvement has begun in Metro Nashville Public Schools. More than 200 business and community partnerships exist in the Academies of Nashville- including 80 brand new partnerships!
On Wednesday, Jan. 31, MNPS Chief Academy Office Jay Steel. Mayor Karl Dean, and PENCIL Executive Director Connie Williams will recognize the incredible growth in school partnerships and celebrate this milestone. HealthSpring will be honored as the 200th Academy Partner for their partnership with Cane Ridge High School’s Academy of Health Management. HealthSpring, a CIGNA company, is one of the country’s leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Along with its companies Bravo Health and Leon Medical centers Health Plans, HealthSpring serves more than one million customers in locations across the country.
Academy partnerships connect core curriculum in the schools with real world career experiences that prepare students for success in a 21st Century global environment. Likewise, Academy partnerships provide students with authentic career exposure and teachers with the industry knowledge that best prepares their students for college and career choices.
- Authentic educational experiences
- Mentoring and training from an established business
- Exposure to products, programs, and practices within the business
- Teachers working with professionals from the industry to develop interdisciplinary and content relevant instruction opportunities
- Touring and shadowing experiences
- Externships, internships and job placement opportunities
- Promotion within the school and community
- Access to and training of the future workforce
- Partnership with an academy that integrates business and technology practices
- Advisory council participation
Highly skilled and well educated people provide any organization with a strategic, competitive advantage. However, investing in training cannot wait until employees join a company. It begin in our schools with a strong academic foundation reinforced with real-world business experiences. With more then 200 business and community partnerships, our students have unlimited opportunities available to them and our community has the ability to make a difference in everyone’s future.